In this episode, recorded a bit late due to Noelle’s cold, we accidentally get way off course several times, but the discussion itself should still be interesting.
Download Episode 20 (right click and save as)
- Another list of songs banned for inappropriate content was released. They were banned for various reasons including: depictions of violence, alcohol consumption, and sexual content.
- After School – “Funky Man”
- B2ST – “Rainy Days” (Yoseob’s amusingly brave response here
- Baek Ji Young – “I can’t drink”
- DJ DOC – “Joy and Pain”
- Jay Park – “Don’t Let Go”
- Kang Seung Yoon – “You’re My Heaven”
- Song Ji Eun – Going Crazy”
- X-5 – “Fantasy”
- Working Too Hard
- T-ara’s Hyomin faints and returns to set after a trip to the hospital
- Park Yoochun of JYJ continues filming “Miss Ripley” despite fighting the Shingles. Reports of him being commended for continuing to work angered us both so here’s some medical information from the National Institute of Health on shingles.
- Park Shin Hye of currently airing “Heartstrings” is in a car accident but emerges with no serious injury.
- After School News:
- After School Blue releases MV for Wonder Boy
- Pledis releases the Japanese Teaser for Bang- After School Red releases “In the Night Sky”
- SNSD’s 2011 Tour to stream on Facebook
- Chinese Singer Roy sings Jaejoong’s self-composed song “Wasurenaide”. Roy’s Response to the controversy after the song’s leak.
- Jeju Island appoints JYJ as honorary ambassadors for the New Seven Wonders competition and the group was to perform on a KBS covered concert when they were suddenly removed from the lineup. Some replies to the controversy can be found here, here and here. There’s also the matter of KBS Jeju’s followup claim of SNSD & f(x) being more “effective”.
- Comebacks, Debuts and New Releases
- Miss A releases Goodbye Baby
- Super Junior releases teaser photos for their upcoming album
- Brave Girls to release “Back to Da Future” on July 29th
- 2NE1 releases “Hate You” ahead of second mini-album to release on July 28th
- Piggy Dolls releases their first full album “Hakuna Mata” with the lead single “Know Her”
- RH- releases fifth single featuring e.via & MINI “Mirro of my soul”
Beauty and Self-Image in Kpop. After reading last week about Hwayobi’s bout with Bulimia we tackle the Elephant in the room. We also talk a bit about plastic surgery and the perception of artists and actors that aren’t “natural.” Here are a few articles all within the last 6 years on plastic surgery in South Korea from Time Magazine, The Economist, The BBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post and a comment on some statistics.
LeeSsang, a duo made up of former Honey Family rappers Gary and Gil, and one of Noelle’s few favorite K-Hiphop artists. They reached mainstream success with “I’m not Laughing/smiling” and as of right now both members are cast members of popular variety shows. Their last release is their 6th album Hexagonal.
The Girl who can’t break up, The Boy who can’t leave ft. Hyori & Ryu Seungbum
I’m not laughing
Our Meeting ft. Jang Giha and the Faces
Opening Song: CHI CHI – Longer
e.Via – Mirro of My Soul (feat. Mini)
Leessang – I’m Not Laughing
Leessang – The Girl Who Can’t Break Up, The Boy Who Can’t Leave (feat. Jung In)
Closing Song: Goo Ji Sung – Goo Ji Sung’s Bad Guy (feat. K-Jun)